Thursday, December 30, 2010

A New Year

Seminary teacher man my Sophomore year in high school told me that 2011 was going to be the end of the world. He is now a religious studies professor at the B Y of U. But...I am going to choose to ignore his prophecy and plug ahead anyway. So...with that spirit....

My beautiful, insightful, eloquent, and did I mention gorgeous sister posted her fabulous idea for goals for the new year here. She is going to work on one goal each month. I've always heard that if you can do something consistently for 30 days...it will become habit. Love it! So...I am going to do the same. My goals are probably going to be less ambitious, but still important to who I want to be and am.

January

Read something enjoyable at least 20 minutes every day. This goal is sponsored by: Santa bringing me a Kindle!!!

February

Say a sincere, eyes locked, bodies touching "I Love You" to at least one person every day. I recently read a talk about how important it is to tell, show, and demonstrate how much we truly love those around us as much as possible. Too often I assume they know. Not this month!

March

Pray, meditate, or simply ponder about my deepest thoughts and wishes at least once every day. A lack of this blessing has been profoundly felt over the last few years.

April

Get outside every day. Even better...be outside and moving my body everyday. Luckily my job allows me the opportunity to hang out with students on the playground...daily...as much as possible. I need to do this outside thing at home with my kiddos more. We love Spring...because it is not too hot for bug.
May

Clean, organize and/or throw away something every day. May tends to be my Spring Clean month. Let's really do it up right this year!

June

Eat at least 5-7 servings of fruits and/or veggies a day. I stole this from my sister's list, but it is good for all of us...right?

July

Make my bed and have the kiddos make their bed every single day. This should be fun! :)

August

Study at least one new guidance lesson every day. This is to help me increase my small group curriculum repretoire.

September

Read with my children at least 20 minutes daily. They read to me daily, but I want to read WITH them this next school year. And....it gives me the summer to pick the best chapter books to start.

October

Spend at least 5 minutes each day talking with each of my children about what they are good at, enjoy, or whatever they want to talk about. I want to spend time really getting to know everything about them. Time is going too fast.

November
This is a month of gratitude. Make a statement of something you are grateful for each day of the month, on your blog, on facebook, to the students in your classes, your family, your friends. Appreciate life. (I stole this one word-for-word from my sister. Well put.)

December

Do one thing for each person's present each day this month. I can't say more because that would tell my close family and friends about their Christmas gift next year. :) Surprises are good.


Wish me luck! I'm excited to see how it goes. :)