Friday, September 9, 2011

Our First Camping Trip Ever...





The Three Amigos



Before...



After...and with Michael's help! Please don't laugh at the fact that the sides are not pegged down and the top is all sceewampus. It worked for our needs. :)

Well...we decided to venture into the great unknown this summer. Actually, it was just a few miles up the canyon, but it was far enough away. I used to LOVE camping when I was younger. So...why haven't I taken the kids camping before. Well...I was never sure how to keep Megan cool and wet...and I'm a single mom with only my whits to save me if something happened. But this year, Brooke and Alice wanted to go too. It was time. So...we borrowed some gear (thank you Grandma and the Brownings) and loaded up the car.


It ended up being such an enjoyable time! We ate, played, and just plain relaxed. The kids learned to widdle. We splashed in the river and skipped rocks. Megan only got a little scared at night and walking to the bathrooms, but overall such a great time! One of my favorite parts was when we spent a good couple of hours reading over all the funny things the kids said when they were little. I'm so glad I wrote it all down. I had forgotten a ton. Brooke and Alice even remembered some fun things. :)


Thanks for a great time.














1 comments:

Keri said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! What a cute mom you are!