Meme - Where were you when...
Princess Diana Died - August 31, 1997.... I'm not sure but I remember being really sad about it. It was one of those I'm-actually-an-adult-and-I-have-to-be-okay-with-the-world-not-being-okay moments.
Attack on Twin Towers - September 11, 2001... At work in the science lab at my university at the time. We watched it on the Internet and I cried all morning.
John F. Kennedy Assassination - June 5, 1968... Wasn't even a twinkle in my parents eye.
The Challenger Disaster - January 26, 1986...In my 4th grade classroom watching on the TV. I remember not really understanding what was going on but Audrey Turner was crying so I thought I needed to also??? Weird 9 year old mind.
Okay...Now your turn. Answer the where were you whens and add some more whens!







2 comments:
Wasn't JFK assassinated in like 1963? 1968 was Bobby Kennedy, yes?
I was at my clerical job at Supreme Food Services on 3900 South in South Salt Lake City, with my friend, Arilyn, who I had hired; and we were chewing on a whole box (probably 100) of huge purple sour grape and sour apple bubble gums - which we often did - when the news came over the radio that Kennedy had been assasinated. We were shocked, but being quite young and not very sophisticated or political, we continued to eat our bubble gum. And shed a tear, of course.
Mother
Post a Comment