Friday, February 12, 2010

I Don't Do V-Day!
I hate Valentines day! There, I said it! I never have, never will. It has never been a good day for me...even when I actually did have a significant other to celebrate with. It has always been a day for me to feel either insignificant because I'm not in love or relationship or to feel incompetent because I didn't do enough, say enough, or show enough love to those around me. So I say NAY!! Nay to V-day! Bluh!

I must admit...sadly...I refused to use "caring and kindness" as a character education theme this month because I dislike V-day so much. So I chose Citizenship! Not that it mattered...our school has been splattered with pepto-pink, purple and red all month. And, bless their hearts, several students presented me with hand-made and slightly disheveled Valentines cards and gifts (of which I am fully aware I should be bend-over-backwards grateful for...and am for the thought and effort). All I can say is....thank goodness for the lovely Vietnamese mother that brought me eggrolls otherwise the D...I mean V-day celebration day at school might have been a complete wash!




1 comments:

Alice said...

I try not to be a hater of the day of love, but ugh! Glad you got some egg rolls...YUM.