Friday, August 6, 2010

Let Me Introduce "Blankie"

(Mikey wanted me to take a picture with him and his blankie.)

I made this blanket before Megan was born. It is made from a really fluffy light purplish blue color yarn. But Megan didn't like how scratchy it felt to her and just never took to it. Well...when Michael was born, I dug it out of a box. He lubbed it and they have been together ever since. It's not like he can't be seperated from the blanket. He can leave it and even goes days without holding it. It's just his friend. He likes it a lot. He prefers to have it around. He won't let us sit on it or even near it. He had issues with me washing it because he thinks it won't like it. Needless to say...blankie has been an extended member of the family for quite some time.

Well...lately Michael has been asking me about when Megan got rid of her blanket. He also wants to know when the "typical" kid stops hanging out with their blankies. :( He's starting to separate from his friend and it is breaking my heart more than his! I think he might give it up soon and I don't want him too! I will miss blankie and what it has meant for my sweet son. :(

I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Nooooooooo don't let him! He will regret it! Keep it in a closet, just in case. I'm speaking from experience. One thing I vowed along time ago, "I will never take my kids blankies away!" Do you recall what happened to me? I'm sure you remember me crying all night and probably making it really hard for you to sleep. It sucks when they grow up, it goes WAY too fast!

Alice said...

He is getting SO BIG! It makes me sad because I too had a blankie and remember wondering if I was
"too big"?. My mom tucked it away safely for me when I was ready and I still have it in a box somewhere. Good luck!

The Rookie said...

"SNUGGLY!" Hehehehehehe. Priceless.