Saturday, October 4, 2008

As I sit here and listen to Saturday morning cartoons blasting in the other room...I think back to my own childhood and the cartoons I enjoyed on Saturday mornings. My favorite....

THE SMURFS!

I really wish someone would reinvent this cartoon for today like they have reinvented so many others. I would even watch a full-length feature film about these small, yet oh so wise, people...um things.

One Christmas, my ever-dramatic and oh so sarcastic older sister decided she would immortalize our family as Smurf dolls or her gifts to us. She gave us Smurf dolls she thought represented our personalities.

My brother was Handy Smurf or Brainy Smurf (I can't remember which). My youngest sister was Baby Smurf...cause "she da baby." My just younger sister got to be Smurfette. And I got to be.....

VANITY SMURF????? What the? :)

Anyway...I was not deterred. I still love the show and will hopefully be able to pass the tradition on to my own kids.

If I were to Smurfize my own kiddos....Bug would be Smurfette, Scaredy Smurf or Painter Smurf. Bud would be Tuffy Smurf, Handy Smurf or King Smurf.



2 comments:

The Rookie said...

I really do not remember the Smurfs all that well. I only remember Christine giving us all a Smurf for Christmas.

Stine said...

I did? Wow. I can't for the life of me remember why I gave you vanity smurf and let A be smurfette.

It's cuz I thought you were pretty. :)