"All men have a sweetness in their life. That is what helps them go on. It is towards that they turn when they feel too worn out." - Albert Camus
* * * * * * *
I read it today, loved it, and put it as my blog header quote. I was looking for a message that would help me right now. This quote was perfect. I needed to remind myself why I am pushing so hard to make life better. I needed to remind myself of the sweetness in my life.
So...I am going to write occasionally about the things that are my sweetness in life. The first (and I'm sure you are sick of hearing about them, but oh well...) are my kiddos.
My children are smart, funny, and independent souls. They were each born with a personality and temperament in place. They have both stuck pretty nearly to these throughout their lives. They have taught me how to be a better person. They have taught me discipline, temperance, and most of all...patience. They have helped me ask the important questions and make my life more genuine and authentic.
My children are SO funny. Every day, one of them says something that makes me roll with laughter. I look forward to coming home to them and spending time listening to their stories, moments, and movie reviews. I love snuggle-time with Bud and listening to his jokes. I love asking Bug what was the best and worst part of her day as we snuggle before bed. I love singing them their songs and that they still request them nightly. I love that I found songs perfect for each of them...and that they love them.
I am SO blessed to have their sweetness in my life. They are my joy and my pleasure. I do what I do and am what I am for them. They have saved me from a crazy miserable life of loneliness. :) Thank you Bug and Bud! I love you. I can't wait to see what you become.
* * * * * * *
I read it today, loved it, and put it as my blog header quote. I was looking for a message that would help me right now. This quote was perfect. I needed to remind myself why I am pushing so hard to make life better. I needed to remind myself of the sweetness in my life.
So...I am going to write occasionally about the things that are my sweetness in life. The first (and I'm sure you are sick of hearing about them, but oh well...) are my kiddos.
My children are smart, funny, and independent souls. They were each born with a personality and temperament in place. They have both stuck pretty nearly to these throughout their lives. They have taught me how to be a better person. They have taught me discipline, temperance, and most of all...patience. They have helped me ask the important questions and make my life more genuine and authentic.
My children are SO funny. Every day, one of them says something that makes me roll with laughter. I look forward to coming home to them and spending time listening to their stories, moments, and movie reviews. I love snuggle-time with Bud and listening to his jokes. I love asking Bug what was the best and worst part of her day as we snuggle before bed. I love singing them their songs and that they still request them nightly. I love that I found songs perfect for each of them...and that they love them.
I am SO blessed to have their sweetness in my life. They are my joy and my pleasure. I do what I do and am what I am for them. They have saved me from a crazy miserable life of loneliness. :) Thank you Bug and Bud! I love you. I can't wait to see what you become.







0 comments:
Post a Comment