More Sweetness...
A large portion of what I consider my sweetness in life comes from MUSIC.
Music on elevators, or is that elevator music? Either way, I love it! I love when I am eating out with good friends or family and have a nice mix of music chiming in the background. Music is on in my car whenever possible (talk-radio is another sweetness I will discuss later). I have learned to venture forth into different kinds of music too. I now LOVE jazz, Indian music, and some hip-hop type kids music (Miley Cyrus is the bomb!) and more.
Music has always been a part of my life. Some of my earliest memories involve my mom or sister singing to me. I remember how much I enjoyed singing time at my local church. I loved learning the piano. I loved voice lessons. I sang in the school choir, starred as Wind-Up-Wendy in the school play, and continued on with choirs, musicals, and drama into high school. All of which brought me such joy, release, and friendships. I loved sitting around and singing with high school friends. A good friend and I would play and sing for hours. I never got sick of it. I don't think she did either. I miss some of this more than I know.
Sadly, I gave up music for four bleak years of my life. I made a mistake and subconsciously punished myself by disallowing music in my life. Occasionally I would listen to music on the radio and I even once sang in church, but on the whole I did not have music in my life. It was a horribly lonely and confusing time (not just because of the lack of music). But no more! My music is back.
I love to attend concerts of all kinds (hint, hint...Kathy!). I love musicals and theater productions (I'm going to Wicked in May!). I would love to be in a musical or choir again soon. I love that my daughter loves music and is starting piano. I love hearing her choir perform. I have a piano now and spend a little bit too much time on it daily. But my kids LOVE for me to play them to sleep.
Music is and will continue to be a big part of my life. It has saved me on many occasions. I will seek it out always. I hope to discover more styles and venues to enjoy music.
I love the sweetness it brings.
Music on elevators, or is that elevator music? Either way, I love it! I love when I am eating out with good friends or family and have a nice mix of music chiming in the background. Music is on in my car whenever possible (talk-radio is another sweetness I will discuss later). I have learned to venture forth into different kinds of music too. I now LOVE jazz, Indian music, and some hip-hop type kids music (Miley Cyrus is the bomb!) and more.
Music has always been a part of my life. Some of my earliest memories involve my mom or sister singing to me. I remember how much I enjoyed singing time at my local church. I loved learning the piano. I loved voice lessons. I sang in the school choir, starred as Wind-Up-Wendy in the school play, and continued on with choirs, musicals, and drama into high school. All of which brought me such joy, release, and friendships. I loved sitting around and singing with high school friends. A good friend and I would play and sing for hours. I never got sick of it. I don't think she did either. I miss some of this more than I know.
Sadly, I gave up music for four bleak years of my life. I made a mistake and subconsciously punished myself by disallowing music in my life. Occasionally I would listen to music on the radio and I even once sang in church, but on the whole I did not have music in my life. It was a horribly lonely and confusing time (not just because of the lack of music). But no more! My music is back.
I love to attend concerts of all kinds (hint, hint...Kathy!). I love musicals and theater productions (I'm going to Wicked in May!). I would love to be in a musical or choir again soon. I love that my daughter loves music and is starting piano. I love hearing her choir perform. I have a piano now and spend a little bit too much time on it daily. But my kids LOVE for me to play them to sleep.
Music is and will continue to be a big part of my life. It has saved me on many occasions. I will seek it out always. I hope to discover more styles and venues to enjoy music.
I love the sweetness it brings.







1 comments:
Love the quote and the explanations of sweetness in your life.
And, in response to your voicemail, we'll get ahold of Elaine for your magazines and get them to you this weekend.
Post a Comment