New Exciting Adventure...
We are starting a choir at my elementary school. Everyone is SO excited. We have needed something fun for the kids because we are a struggling school and everything is very work, work, work.Well...it finally hit me this weekend that I am in charge and have to direct this choir. I am now filled with a bit of anxiety. I have been in choirs my entire life. I even directed many choirs, but never as the only director. This even fulfills some long lost dream of mine. A big part of the problem is I have been out of the loop for many years now. It has been 8 years since being part of a choir or even thinking about choir things.
So...my plan is to keep things fairly simple with doing fun, easy songs and doing a simple performance night for parents and friends. Two-part songs mainly, but I would like to add some instruments and some solos for the students. Got any good ideas?
So...wish us luck! It will be fun even if a little chaotic at times. :)







1 comments:
This is so great! You'll be an amazing director, I'm sure of it! How fun! Way to go the extra mile, Ms School Counselor!
Post a Comment