Tough Transitions...

This is Megan and Michael's grandma Vickie (Sean's mom). She, like Megan, has Lamellar Ichthyosis. She had a rough time as a young child, but had a good experience in high school. She was even a cheerleader. Luckily, people are much more accepting now-a-days. Megan has a few people who are rude to her, but overall people are accepting and ask kind questions. Most kids forget that Megan has anything different about her skin and they just play.
I found out the other day that the new school Megan is supposed to go to next year is not air conditioned and she will not be able to go. I worry because she has established friends at her school now. I'm worried she may have a difficult transition to a new school. I also want her to stay in a school where she is ahead academically. She is wonderful, kind, vivacious, spirited, and full of spunk. I'm sure she will be fine, but there is always the worry that it will be extra hard for her. Wish us luck!







3 comments:
I simply love that little girl. She's beautiful, intelligent, animated, and amazing in every way. (And a crack up if there ever was one.)
She is going to take over this world with that vivaciousness--I just know it!
She is going to rock wherever she goes. She is one of the strongest people I know in this world and a gifted teacher of us all.
Go mugs go! She is great and I can't wait to see her adventures. She is one in a million!
Post a Comment