I Am Thankful For...

Freedoms. I am SO grateful for the freedoms I have by living in the great country I do. Everyday I hear stories of situations happening around the world and I feel more profoundly thankful than ever that I do not have to suffer. I have also gained a new feeling of freedom over this last year. I feel free to actually think, question, and reason. Some thoughts I dismiss as soon as they come. Some I ponder on for days, weeks, and even months. I am finding out for myself what I believe by really asking myself hard questions I have so long avoided or feared. I love that I am really thinking for myself irrespective of anything or anyone else, or as much of anything else as possible. I am freer to become what I really want to be and to change my mind if I feel like it.
Good Books. I have never been a big reader. In fact, growing up, if I could choose anything else to reading a book...I would. But I had an excellent literature class my junior year of my undergrad that helped me discover the wonderful world of books. I was an avid reader for a while, but then after having babies and stress...I lost my reading practice. Well...last summer I rediscovered Harry Potter and read the entire series in 1 month. I also discovered the Twilight books which brought fun enjoyment for the next month. I continued by reading a few cheesy romances and some excellent more realistic character rich books. Now I am reading some thought provoking spiritual journey type books. I am just simply enjoying whatever $1 book I find next at the discount store. I now fall to sleep at night by books instead of medication! :)
Movies and Music. Two other things that bring me loads of enjoyment a part of my life I want to foster from now on are movies and music. I want to enjoy my life and movies and music is how I choose to do it often. I love the 2 hour escape into other lives, stories, and places. And I love how a song can take me back to a particular memory or person. I love to listen to my daughter sing and my son try. :) I love to play the piano and sing. I want to do this more.
My Mom. I am thankful for my mother. Although we still argue, I have grown to appreciate more and more what she did for me growing up and the person she is. She does SO much for me and my kids. Without her I would not have the opportunity to finish school, get a good job, and take care of my family. I will eternally be grateful for her sacrifices to help my little family. I'm just glad she gets some time off for good behavior this Christmas. :)
Lastly....My Children. What can I say. They are my life. I am a much better person because of them. They teach me daily how to be a better person. I love their minds. I love Bug's sensitive spirit coupled with her feisty attitude. I love Bud's hilarious commentaries on life and how he protects his sister. They are so fun. I can't wait to see what they decide to become.
I am thankful for my many blessings!

Freedoms. I am SO grateful for the freedoms I have by living in the great country I do. Everyday I hear stories of situations happening around the world and I feel more profoundly thankful than ever that I do not have to suffer. I have also gained a new feeling of freedom over this last year. I feel free to actually think, question, and reason. Some thoughts I dismiss as soon as they come. Some I ponder on for days, weeks, and even months. I am finding out for myself what I believe by really asking myself hard questions I have so long avoided or feared. I love that I am really thinking for myself irrespective of anything or anyone else, or as much of anything else as possible. I am freer to become what I really want to be and to change my mind if I feel like it.
Good Books. I have never been a big reader. In fact, growing up, if I could choose anything else to reading a book...I would. But I had an excellent literature class my junior year of my undergrad that helped me discover the wonderful world of books. I was an avid reader for a while, but then after having babies and stress...I lost my reading practice. Well...last summer I rediscovered Harry Potter and read the entire series in 1 month. I also discovered the Twilight books which brought fun enjoyment for the next month. I continued by reading a few cheesy romances and some excellent more realistic character rich books. Now I am reading some thought provoking spiritual journey type books. I am just simply enjoying whatever $1 book I find next at the discount store. I now fall to sleep at night by books instead of medication! :)
Movies and Music. Two other things that bring me loads of enjoyment a part of my life I want to foster from now on are movies and music. I want to enjoy my life and movies and music is how I choose to do it often. I love the 2 hour escape into other lives, stories, and places. And I love how a song can take me back to a particular memory or person. I love to listen to my daughter sing and my son try. :) I love to play the piano and sing. I want to do this more.
My Mom. I am thankful for my mother. Although we still argue, I have grown to appreciate more and more what she did for me growing up and the person she is. She does SO much for me and my kids. Without her I would not have the opportunity to finish school, get a good job, and take care of my family. I will eternally be grateful for her sacrifices to help my little family. I'm just glad she gets some time off for good behavior this Christmas. :)
Lastly....My Children. What can I say. They are my life. I am a much better person because of them. They teach me daily how to be a better person. I love their minds. I love Bug's sensitive spirit coupled with her feisty attitude. I love Bud's hilarious commentaries on life and how he protects his sister. They are so fun. I can't wait to see what they decide to become.
I am thankful for my many blessings!







0 comments:
Post a Comment