The Perfect Man
I recently had a conversation with a friend about good movies. I mentioned a few of my favorites like It's a Wonderful Life and The Painted Veil. She mentioned a few of hers. And then I mentioned my favorite musical which is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. She loves it too.
Anyway...it got me thinking about why I like this show so much. Ultimately it comes down to one thing....Howard Keel. He is the perfect man. He is the perfect combination of rugged good looks, just enough macho mixed with tenderness, and a set of crystal clear basso cantate singin' pipes. He's played some of my favorite leading men roles in Kiss Me Kate, Oklahoma, Annie Get Your Gun, and Calamity Jane with the beloved Doris Day. And don't forget The Love Boat and Dallas in the roaring 80s. :)
Well...enough said. I love this man...mostly for his lovely voice! :)
I recently had a conversation with a friend about good movies. I mentioned a few of my favorites like It's a Wonderful Life and The Painted Veil. She mentioned a few of hers. And then I mentioned my favorite musical which is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. She loves it too.Anyway...it got me thinking about why I like this show so much. Ultimately it comes down to one thing....Howard Keel. He is the perfect man. He is the perfect combination of rugged good looks, just enough macho mixed with tenderness, and a set of crystal clear basso cantate singin' pipes. He's played some of my favorite leading men roles in Kiss Me Kate, Oklahoma, Annie Get Your Gun, and Calamity Jane with the beloved Doris Day. And don't forget The Love Boat and Dallas in the roaring 80s. :)
Well...enough said. I love this man...mostly for his lovely voice! :)







2 comments:
You Know whats funny is I have never seen either of those shows and I don't know the man your even talking about. :)
I might need to check out your fav movies sometime!
You are entirely dorky and I love you for it.
Post a Comment