Have you ever just been sick of all the noise? Life is noisy. Kids are noisy. The TV, phone, radio, car engine, jets overhead, the hum of the heater, it's all there...in the background invading my head space.
Well...I can't change what other people do, what happens outside my house, and I am not turning off my heater. I can however, choose what I do.
And so...hold your breath....
I am going to stop talking so much (this may require more restraint then I have, but I will try). I am going to turn off the TV at night more and read. I'm going to turn off the radio in the car more. I'm going to encourage my children to use sign language (just kidding) but this does sound nice. And the best part of all...I am going to try and listen more instead of talking. Those of you who communicate with me on a daily basis may have your jaws dropped in disbelief right now...but have faith...and gently remind me of my new pledge.
Well...I can't change what other people do, what happens outside my house, and I am not turning off my heater. I can however, choose what I do.
And so...hold your breath....
I am going to stop talking so much (this may require more restraint then I have, but I will try). I am going to turn off the TV at night more and read. I'm going to turn off the radio in the car more. I'm going to encourage my children to use sign language (just kidding) but this does sound nice. And the best part of all...I am going to try and listen more instead of talking. Those of you who communicate with me on a daily basis may have your jaws dropped in disbelief right now...but have faith...and gently remind me of my new pledge.








2 comments:
They do say silence is golden. And I think you could get away with the sign language thing with your kids. Your excuse could be "I'm encouraging the development of their second language."
Well, we'll hold you to this. I won't pledge such a thing. If we are too quiet we get ulcers.
Mother
Post a Comment