Sunday, December 7, 2008

Trees, Treats, and Treasures...

We went to the Festival of Trees late this year. We didn't get there until late Saturday. It was still packed. We had fun though. I even ran into one of my old friends I recently found on Facebook. She looks great and her kids are getting so big! :)

The kids wanted to do crafts in the Kid's Korner first this year. So we did. They made snowflakes, reindeer, and snowmen. They got a elf's wand and went through the giant bubble.

This year we only had five mean stares and one "did your daughter get burned in a fire." Geez.

We watched a really cute dance team for a while, walked through the trees a bit, and then ended up over by the treats. We got apples with yummy caramel on top. I bought some cute thank you cards at the gift shop and then we went home.

The kiddos were starving so we stopped and got a "Little Sleazers pizza and silly bread" for the ride home. :)

Fun night.

3 comments:

Keri said...

wendy your post is adorable. 5 mean stares is 5 too many- and did someone really ask you if Bug was in a fire? i think she is a cute (and looks like artistic) girl and your son is such a ham for the camera. I also love their pizza terminology- very funny :)!!!!

Alice said...

How fun. I am sad we missed it. Sorry. I always love that event.

Your kiddos, too cute. Right up bugs alley in the creation department.

The Rookie said...

Totally fun. I wish we could have made it! And that bubble--I kept thinking, "What is that? A giant halo? Hehehe.